It was 6 AM, the thermostat read 81! Eeeek, hot! The AC was kaputt!
I was with my 92-year-old dad, his wife and a caretaker, needless to say we were all sweating! The mechanic kept coming in to fix the AC and it just wasn’t happening. The day rolled on, we got out a bit and then we would come back and there it is again. Hot!
My dad was hyper focused on the problem. Why isn’t it getting fixed?
The A/C crew came back for a fourth visit after my dad
even left dinner early to meet them. By the end, there were four men—including
a plumber—opening the ceiling in his beautiful closet to reach the unit. It was
nearly 10 p.m., and they assured us they wouldn’t leave until it was fixed. I
finally went to bed at 11 p.m. with the room still at 81°, but hopeful they
would keep their promise. Through it all, I realized I wasn’t consumed by the
frustration
I felt God‘s peace, yet I was hoping that it would get fixed. I was observing everybody’s attitude. My dad never lost it with anyone. He was really trying to resolve it with whoever would listen, but I kept saying also we have to roll with it. We have to play it out one thing in the next, we have to wait for the mechanic and just wait and wait and wait before I went to bed. I read this scripture. James want to consider it pure joy. when you face all sorts of trials. because you know. that the testing of your faith produces perseverance and perseverance finish it. It’s work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything.
When I woke up in the morning. The air condition was working. The house was cold. I was on the other side of it and now God could show me that verse ring true how do we consider a pure JOY what we went through and then if you read down in James.1:17 every perfect gift is from above coming down from the father of heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows. As I read that, what were the perfect gifts focus on the gifts the good.
And I remember that my dad came from a very hard childhood worked his way up to the top of the Corporate ladder it’s not important now reviewing how he got there or how it turned out but what was important was was built on him was the dealings in a day the grind of getting things done to keep the business going and that’s exactly what he did yesterday it was built in him to get it done and this time I didn’t see any harsh words or any way of hurting someone to get it done he just kept observing and being persistent. He was using his gifts from God to take care of the situation in a good way his caretakers are teaching him to be kind and considerate. So there is a piece here now a calmness the storm has passed at the breakfast table. I stated all this above that I wrote to him and his wife and we talked about gratefulness and how grateful we were now on the other side of it that we we persevered and we got through it and then I think God for helping us to do that only God can do that. I love that I can boast and brag about you God and acknowledge that you’re ever present in our trouble and then I asked what was your highlight of yesterday and they each came up with something and I did too and I’m like we have to do that in the Mr. storms no matter what the whole thing was like a captain on a ship that hits a storm he was trained for many years to get them through a crisis and when he’s on the other side, it sure would be nice if he acknowledged that all that training and the existence of himself by God helped him get through it, and God is ever present! So let’s pray heavenly father you do rain down on us with such a light and we could be hopeful and expected in a trial that is very hard moment by moment to get on the other side and praise and rejoice with you that we persevered thank you for doing that. Thank you for showing me that. I’m so grateful for you in Jesus name I pray amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment