Friday, January 18, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

Dear Friend:

Do you ever feel like there is never enough time in a day to get things done? Do you just fall in bed at night and think “I never stopped for one moment today, I was like the energizer bunny.” You just keep going and going. I feel as if the Lord is saying “you must take the time out for you and ME. Just as you visit with others to catch up, you must do with me.” I think what happens if we don’t that is when we can get physically sick or maybe just depressed. Do you know what I mean? I really think you understand that time with God is never wasted. Many ask “how do I begin doing that, it just is so uncomfortable for me?”

The Father speaks “baby steps, baby steps, just begin to talk to me.”

Philippians 3:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life –in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

Making excuses, complaining, and arguing only make things worse. I just know you are saying “your right.” Haven’t you ever witnessed someone who is taking the time to pray and spend time with God? They have a peace about them. Paul says these things because he wants to present himself before His savior like a shining star. That is what we want to model to our children and others. Be blessed today with this simple message. STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND JUST BEGIN PRAYING AND READING GOD’S WORD.

Let’s pray: Father in heaven I am sorry for making excuses not to spend time with you. Help me to find time for you. Thank you for today and every day. In Jesus Name I pray.

I just thought of something. If you don’t know how to pray, begin with praying and meditating on the Lord’s prayer. You can find it starting at Matt. 6:9.

Not making excuses,

Elaine

No comments: