Sunday, November 23, 2008

Teach As I Have Taught You

Dear Friend:

Haven’t you noticed in life that the way you deal with others usually is the way you have been taught? I have been studying the bible for 16 years. It seems that the Lord awoke me one day and I guess I was teachable. I became teachable because things in my life weren’t working. Life was filled with worry and a lack of peace. I began to realize how much God loved me. When I realized that I began to trust him with the things going on in my life. The word “Peace” comes to me now because I began to see God give me peace through trials. As I saw him intervene and resolve life difficulties, I began to surrender more and more. This is a process and it happened gradually. My faith is growing and I want him more and more each day.

Just this morning I was reading this scripture that Paul wrote to the Thessalonians.
He said “we instruct you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 4:1-2
This is a good word from Paul and I take it to my heart. How can I do this on a daily basis? Without having all the answers in front of me, I must trust and obey what God is telling me to do. Where he has been directing me and talking to me daily to do. Paul goes on in chapter 5:19 to say “do not put out the Spirit’s fire and test everything.” We must hear from God for direction and we can only do that through prayer and getting confirmation. If we try to figure things out “THE SPIRIT IS QUENCHED.”

I pray: Father in Heaven hear this prayer and help me to do more and more to please you. Thank you for all of the instruction you have given me through the years. I do not want to quench you Lord, but I need you to help me to test everything. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Teaching as I have been taught,
Elaine

No comments: