Saturday, March 20, 2010

Love Covers

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Dear Friend:

Sometimes in relationships we have disagreements and disputes where we don’t see eye to eye. In the heat of the moment you may react and say the wrong thing. You may be right, but it is the way you said it. You may be wrong and regret it. I am sure you understand and this has happened to you. You go around thinking “why does God even bother with me, look at how I reacted.” Too make matters worse, days go on with you thinking about the argument.

God has a message for you today! Get ready because I believe relief is on the way.
MY LOVE COVERS YOUR SINS. –GOD-
God went to the cross as an act of love and it was His way of forgiving us our sins.
We can’t go on sinning, but God can cover you with His love of forgiveness.

Our genuine love for others and ourselves allows us to forgive or cover a multitude of sins. Otherwise we are unforgiving. Cover does mean hide. Here is an example: When our children do wrong we do not hold their deeds against them, we choose to love them.

Let’s pray: Thank you Lord for this message of love that truly gives me relief! Forgive me and help me to understand your love. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Peace,
Elaine

No comments: