Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bright Light

Dear Friend:

Recently I was sitting at a funeral service and the pastor said every time he does a service he is overjoyed when he recites the words “heaven and earth are filled with your glory.”


GLORY=Bright Light around the head of a saint.

He is overjoyed because he knows he is worshiping his holy God here on earth and as he worships he feels a resounding union with heaven where all of the departed are simultaneously worshiping in the presence of God.

Pause and say these words “holy, holy, holy Lord God Almighty” and picture heaven singing those words with you?

I chose to picture my mom who is absent from the body and home with the Lord and in unity we are worshipping the one we love, our Father in heaven.

When my friend died recently l called a mutual friend who moved away and told him she had passed and his response was “I will miss her but I am happy for her.” Immediately I thought of the scripture in Thessalonians saying “we do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.” It is so true! We celebrate life and trust His plan.
The day before my friend died I asked a friend to pray with me and she prayed these words “God if her work is truly done here on earth Lord then let your will be done.” I never thought to pray that. In the funeral service the sister of the deceased said “I was questioning all month is my sisters work done here Lord?” We never know, but it certainly is a comforting prayer that only God knows how to answer.

Pray with me: Father in heaven my time is your hands help me to understand here on earth your glory. I sing praises and thanksgiving to you today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen


I Thessalonians 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.


Pause, picture heaven singing with you and be a bright light.

Lighting it up!
Elaine

No comments: