Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I THANK GOD FOR YOU



Dear Friend:
I thank God for you. I greet you in the Lord Jesus Christ. Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving. Let’s reflect on what Jesus did  with His disciples at the last supper.
“The Lord Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them…” (Luke 22:19).
In Ann Voscamp’s book “A Dare To LIVE FULLY Right Where You Are. One Thousand Gifts” she states (page 32) “he gave thanks” reads “eucharisteo.”
“The root word of eucharisteo is charis, meaning “grace.” Jesus took the bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks. He took the bread and knew it to be gift and gave thanks. The greek word chara means “joy.” Deep chara joy is found only at the table of the euCHARisteo-the table of thanksgiving.
Charis- Grace.
Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving.
Chara. Joy.

A threefold cord that might hold a life? Offer a way up into the fullest life?  Grace, thanksgiving, joy. Eucharisteo. A Greek word…that might make meaning of everything?”

Jesus was telling us that remembering to give thanks and break bread in His memory is life giving. Recently I have been meditating on last chapters in the book of John. This spoke to me. Whenever I am down, I can read this passage and I am once again filled with hope. It helps me to shift my eyes off of me and back on the miraculous plan Jesus gave me upon His death and resurrection.  

Let us break bread with gratitude in memory of Christ with our families and or friends tomorrow. Furthermore, daily as Christ gives us our bread may we find the tri-fold message of grace, thanksgiving, joy and live fully.

Prayer:  Most Holy Father bring us deeper into the reality of this truth. In Your precious name.

 


No comments: