Monday, November 18, 2013

GLOOMAWAY

“And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty” (Isaiah 6:3-5 NIV).
The realization. The admission. Recognition. What a time in Isaiah’s life. Reading this verse brought to me the memory of when I dealt with how unclean I was. It was a somewhat gloomy time when I came to grips with my sin, but learned to rejoice.
You’re probably wondering how. Think about it! Awareness is the beginning stage of healing. In Isaiah 6:10, the Lord expounds, “They might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed” (NIV). I found physical and mental healing.
At one point I just became determined to rid myself of my whole history of sin and confess it to God. I asked God to reveal to me my sins of the past and present. Be careful, if you choose to ask. Be sure you mean it because God is faithful to do it. Not because He is a mean God. Quite the contrary! He loves the intimacy!
God began to reveal even the smallest of sins. An example was when I was driving and merged into another lane. The driver in the car behind me made a nasty gesture. I stopped and thought “I am guilty of that same sin.” Remorse touched my soul, and instead of raging back at the person, I saw my own sin.
The revelation of my sin continued for weeks. My journal was getting full. I cried. I felt as if I was in the accelerated program called “Advanced Admission of Sins.” Well thank goodness there was absolution. It is called forgiveness, and I graciously accepted it. Ahhh- Grace! The thing I did not deserve. I was getting to know God, there was more room in my heart for Him. He does not spare grace. No! He pours it out. It overflows from my head to my toes.
What does all this mean? I rejoice now, knowing forgiveness! I try to extend that same forgiveness to others. I pray now for those who wrong me or even when I see someone do something wrong. I pray that they will discover the same truth about grace. I learned to hate the sin not the sinner.
There is a body lotion called “Gloomaway.” The product name is cute. I like to use it. It is refreshing. God’s my true “Gloomaway.” After I spend time with Him, I always feel as if He soothed my soul.
Prayer: Father thank You for Your forgiveness. Your love is amazing. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: