Tuesday, April 15, 2014

YOU GOT THAT JESUS' JOY

I wrote this intending post it before Easter to wish you a Happy Easter.


Dear Friend:

“When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father the hour has come. Glorify and exalt and honor and magnify Your Son, so that Your son may glorify and extol and honor and magnify You.”

Jesus last prayer before he went to the cross is full of His mission, His convictions, His care, His hope, His perfect love so that…God would be lifted high and be glorified.

“Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began” Jesus said.

My prayer for each of us is that motive of our hearts each day we would be led by the Holy Spirit to please God...for Jesus will be lifted high and glorified.

This gets hard for each of us when…we lose a job, have a health issue, have a wayward child, deal with crabby friends or family.

You got that JESUS JOY!

“I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my JOY within them” Jesus spoke. What does that tell us about Jesus plan of Joy. He did not  say I’ll give them a big house, money and fancy cars so they may have the full measure of my JOY within them.

“I have given them your word” Jesus declared.

When someone says to you I give you my word. You really want to trust them, don’t you?

Jesus is forever and He is alive! He personally went to the cross for you…for me.

Each day when a negative and anxious thoughts about another person, job loss, wayward children, health issues…kneel at the throne picture Jesus risen and alive with His arms extended like any daddy would beckoning you to get up on His lap.

Let Jesus renew your mind. Let Jesus give you the strength to take the high road.

You got that Jesus’Joy today!?

I pray you found Jesus in the midst of a  Holy Day  that  competes with Hallmark.

PRAYER:  Thank You for Your grace that set me free. Help me to take You at Your word. Give me strength to take the high road. Amen.


No comments: