Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I ENJOY

Dear Friend:
I bellowed with laughter "Turn off the movie!" My best friend and I bursted out laughing when we realized watching the movie was not going to happen. Instead enjoying sharing the good, the bad and the ugly of life was better. We were confiding in one other and being real. I enjoyed hearing about her home, work, church life. I was struggling myself in some of those areas so I needed to share too! I went home feeling filled up because the time spent with my friend was genuine. I really appreciate and enjoy those kind of relationships.

It reminded me of what the scripture says in Psalm 103:2-5a "Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things."

The benefits of a genuine grace filled relationship is life giving. Spending time with God and a friend are a lot a like. As life rolls by we do get the good, the bad and the ugly. God gives us immunity sometimes from troubles but other times we are scratching our heads with a sigh saying "What is going on? Why is this happening?" It's never perfect.

My pastor suggested that we get up each day and affirm what we enjoy about having a relationship with Christ.

For instance I enjoy:
1.  Knowing He is with me always. 
2.  He has my back.
3.  He cares.
4.  He loves me.
5.  He guides me.
6.  He gives me discernment.
7.  Knowing I can love because of His love.
The list can go on and on... 
 PRAYER:  Praise You Lord, my soul, I forget not all Your benefits. Thank You for forgiveness, healing, redemption, love and compassion... Amen.

No comments: