Monday, November 2, 2020

OH GNATS!

 After four weeks of battling the gnats in my kitchen, I was angry, fed up and ready to leave my home.

Crazy out cry! Right?

This message developing right in my own kitchen coincides with my life and faith. 

Let me explain.

Here is what I was not doing about the multiplication of gnats whirling in my home.

I was not reading up on them and what the experts say about them.

I was sinking in hopelessness, just accepting what was happening.

Until...I realized it was affecting my focus...and then I was like, I'll pray about this.

I want to admit that praying for gnats seemed like a crazy thing...until I did and my attitude began to change. What happened is my thoughts started to be more productive...like...look up gnats and what to do about them.

After prayer, then research, I made up a concoction of trap filled with liquid to lure them in.

Next I sat and thought where are they nesting? All to say, finally, I remembered our recent breakdown of  our trash compactor. When we opened it we discover month old trash. It became a he said/she said they would empty it kind of deal! Friends!, after discovering millions of gnats in it...we got that compactor out of the house and now we are dealing with the remnant. I telling you, upon discovering this and taking action...there was new hope...relief that the end of the critters was in sight. Till I woke up the next day to that not being all gone. I went into despair again. Feelings of giving up!  All to realize that I disappointedly celebrated a bit to soon and put many of the traps away to soon. I got the energy to put the traps back and wait. I did notice they were getting easier to catch, they were slowing down. 

Isn't life just like this when a struggle comes, we cower and give in. The enemy just loves that. The bugs just love that. They are thriving!

Reading my bible, praying, being with other likeminded friends all help to combat the struggle, the bug, lol! Staying fit and alert, helps the battle!

Despair is not an option!

The moments when I did the research, moved into action and saw results were hopeful and joyous. I am not going to be defeated by some bugs/struggles! 

The set back of them not being 100% gone and the recurring feelings that accompanied that was eye opening for me. 

It's a journey of faith and I must remain in the faithful, hopeful camp!

When I step our of the practice, I am filled with thoughts of giving up. 

I know I am talking about stinking bugs, buts there is so many similarities I could see the correlation between me and trusting. Praying about everything! Realizing God wants to be in my life. He helped my thoughts along! He helped me find the remedy. I don't have to go on a rollercoaster with God. With God it is a much more steady ride. He gave us the Holy Spirit to coast! I can coast with God!

Please step out with me and validate me that God is in the small and in seeing that we realize that He can be in the big! 

I thought of this in the end as the bugs are getting slower...as satan knows...the bugs know their time is short!

Pray with me:

God thank you for growing, showing me that way to go. You are faithful to show me. Amen.

Path is in the bible 77 instances.

The verse, "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive and your joy will be complete John 16:24 NIV."

Assurance of answered prayer! 

Beloved friends! God wants us to have our armor up and ready to use. Prayer being huge! In this day and time, talk to him about everything!

Amen!

No comments: