Sunday, May 1, 2022

CONVICTIONS/BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED

1 Cor. 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

Eph. 4:11-16  11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Phil. 3:14-20  14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Following Paul’s Example 15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Col. 4:12  12 Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

Heb. 5:14  14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Heb. 6:1  Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,[a] and of faith in God,

James 1:4-8 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Ps. 146:3-4  Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.

After reading the first verse (by the way did you pray before you started reading? Stop now and do it! Ask God to help you to grow to understand some new revelation from reading His word) I stopped and listened and then saw "Mature, Maturity"

I had just handled a relationship wrong. I mean I just blew it! Seeing this passage reminded me of my desire to please God first to find God's will, yet I handled things in a sinful way. So...I went to God with it. I repented and then I felt free...not condemned. God is so loving and good. The CONVICTION of it all hit me...pressing on for the prize...being mature...letting the Holy Spirit guide me being MATURE. Grow up!

Friends it is a conviction...asking God to help grow in you into maturity. Taking his word seriously, praying, being humble. For days I continue to remember the word "Mature". Always talking to God about it. 

I am gently and lovingly being guided. 

Let's pray:

Father let me continue by your love and guidance. Help me to see maturity you are calling me to. Amen

I like the saying "Bloom where you are Planted".

Maturity and blossoming they go together!

Grow!


 


No comments: