Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In My Pocket

Romans 10:9-10 if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord”, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Dear Friend:

My grandma is in nursing home and beside her bed is a little cross stitch holder with a cross inserted in the pocket with a piece of paper folded with the following prayer. Perhaps you may want to pray this prayer today.

I carry a cross in my pocket a simple reminder to me of the fact that I am a Christian no matter where I may be. This little cross isn’t magic it isn’t meant to protect me it’s not for identification for all the world to see it’s simply an understanding between my Savior and me. When I put my hand in my pocket the cross is there to remind me of the price he paid for me. It reminds me to be thankful for my blessings day by day and to strive to serve Him better in all that I do or say. It’s also a daily reminder of the peace and comfort I share with all who know my master and give themselves to His care. So, I carry a cross in my pocket reminding no one but me that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life if only I’ll let Him be. Amen



Confessing Jesus as my Savior,
Elaine

No comments: