Monday, March 16, 2009

Sand Paper

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Dear Friend:

Do you have a person in your life that rubs you like sand paper rubs on a wall? Sand paper makes a surface smooth.

There are two ways of looking at sharpening. There are those Christian friends who speak to you in love and give you constructive criticism. When I receive constructive criticism it usually never offends me. My response to their comment goes something like this “oh ,okay I need to change this in me.” Sometimes God puts a teacher, spouse, co-worker, parent in our lives and they are driving you crazy and it’s hard to respond to them in a nice way. Can you think of that person or persons?

Today I want to suggest to you that maybe, just maybe, God put that person in your life to “Sharpen” you. God always has us in the school of “Pruning, Refining, and Sanctifying.” Why? So we can become more like Jesus.
Let’s pray:
Father in Heaven help me to see who have you put in my life that is helping to sharpen me and make me more like you? Help me to learn and grow with your plan. Help me to respond righteously to this person. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Being sharpened,
Elaine

No comments: