Sunday, March 15, 2009

You Can't Always Get What You Want #2

1Kings 18:21 Elijah went before the people and said, “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.

Dear Friend:

As I wrote in the last e-mail 3 equations
God +Baal=more
God + psychic=knowing more
God + other spiritual teachings= your own religion

These equations are false. Something plus God does not really get us more. It does not add up. Adding anything to God just makes God jealous. When something is false you get nothing. A great example of this comes from 1Kings 18 the story of Elijah testing the Israelites and their god. Elijah tells the people “get two bulls for us. Let them choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire-he is God.” (verse 24) You get the picture, their god is not a god therefore their firewood could not start on fire praying to their god. But of course Elijah even throws water on his wood and then calls on God and his firewood ignites. Because our God is the true one and only God.

Pray with me: Father you are the true one and only God to follow. Help me never to try and add to you anything. Help me to know Father when I am trying to add anything so I can confess that to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Praising God,
Elaine

No comments: