Sunday, April 19, 2009

Go Bold

Romans 8:14-15 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.] And by him we cry, "Abba,] Father."
2 Timothy 1:77For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline

Dear Friend:
There are so many coffees to choose from these days. I personally like the coffee that is labeled “Bold” and it is fresh and new. I love the strong taste and scent. Bold in the Webster dictionary means: daring, courageous, brave, and fearless. I guess coffee can do dual things like help us be lively and “Go bold.”
I prayed this morning and asked the Holy Spirit to be present with me in a place where I was particularly not thrilled to be. In the room with me was a girl who was very nice and pretty. As I was praying I felt in my Spirit the Lord said “tell her she is pretty and that I created her and that I want her to have a personal deeper relationship with her.” “No way,” I thought. She will think I’m nuts. But in my Spirit I felt she will understand, because I am going to confirm what she has already been thinking. So these verses came to me “I am a child of God led by the Spirit and I can be “Bold.” So out with the words I blurted! You know what? She was not surprised and she thanked me and even said “I want to give you a hug.” We had a very pleasant conversation and then I went on my way.
God used this experience not only for the girl to know that our God is personal, alive, living and active, but he also showed me the same thing. It was a dual thing God did working to help us feel alive and “Go Bold.” How cool is that!
I guess my message to you today is “Go Bold.” Listen and trust the Spirit as he leads you.
Let’s pray: Lord thank you for always being there for me. Thank you that I am a child of yours. Help me to remember to pray and be led by your Spirit and “Go Bold.”
Go Bold,
Elaine

No comments: