Monday, April 20, 2009

PP or P squared

1. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
2. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Dear Friend:
The title of this message is odd, don’t you think? I was trying to make a math sign of P squared, but on this computer I do not know how to do that. I was teaching on these verses this week. I said “we should go to church and tell people be in “PP.” LOL! How funny would that be? Quickly we would explain that “PP” stands for perfect peace. If someone asks “well how do we do that in these crazy days?” Answer.
Be anchored (steadfast) and trusting in God.
Do not be anxious. (That does not include an opening for sometimes you can be anxious)
If you find yourself anxious follow the tools the Lord gives which are:
Prayer, petition WITH thanksgiving present your requests to God.

God says to you today “you want PERFECT PEACE?” Hang on to me, talk to me, thank me and I will give you perfect peace that you can’t understand and the bonus is that I will GUARD YOUR HEART AND MIND.

Please try and be still right now and wrap your mind around such a great promise that the Lord just spoke to you! He wants to do that for you.

Many times I conclude my prayer, petition and thankfulness with a prayer like this:
Father in heaven you are perfect, everlasting, almighty, caring and enormous. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Did you catch that prayer? P.E.A.C.E.
Try making him L.O.V.E.
L ORD
O MNISCIENT
V ICTORIOUS
E XCELLENT

Just trying to help you keep your in PP or P squared,

Elaine

No comments: