Monday, February 1, 2010

Barricade the Road

Psalm 119:27-29 (The Message) 25-32 I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse!
Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
When I told my story, you responded; train me well in your deep wisdom.
Help me understand these things inside and out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn; build me up again by your Word.
Barricade the road that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation.
I choose the true road to Somewhere, I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; GOD, don't let me down!
I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how.
Dear Friend:
As you read this maybe you can identify with the psalmist? I just can sense if “I’m feeling terrible-I couldn’t feel worse” that maybe you have experienced this or are experiencing it right now.
Let’s pray: May my faith arise in my body, mind and soul today that I can grasp and cling to whatever you tell me. Get me on my feet again. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
I will barricade the road that goes nowhere. –GOD-
I picture God putting up a barricade around your head and heart and saying “listen to my voice of truth, you will be able to go on and stand on your feet again!!!!”
Barricade=blockade; bar
Peace,
Elaine

No comments: