Monday, February 1, 2010

Quack Quack

Philippians 3:12
[ Pressing on Toward the Goal ] Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Dear Friend:
The old saying “like water running off a duck’s back” is referring to letting things go. If you picture a duck, the water does not get absorbed but just rolls off his back. Maybe someone has said that to you “let it go, like water running off a duck’s back.”

I like the verse above because it says we are never perfect. We struggle in life! We confess that we no longer want to be in control of our life and Christ takes hold of us, and we press on to take hold of what Christ deposits into us for everyday living. That reminds me of the old saying above. Let it go and press on to what Jesus has for your life. Good message! I heard someone say that when something that comes against them that is not pleasant, and they are reacting, they yell out “quack, quack”, and that helps them to stop going the wrong way with their thoughts and switch to God and letting go and letting God.
Good advice.

Let’s pray: Lord thanks for taking hold of my life and I know that you are BIGGER THAN LIFE. Help me to obey your ways. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Quack, quack,
Elaine

No comments: