Monday, June 28, 2010

He Wept

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

Dear Friend:
As I walk through life I process what is going on in my life. I am sitting and reflecting letting my mind wander, allowing God to bring my body, mind and soul peace.
It was one year ago that my mother passed away. That’s hard to believe.

As I think about Jesus weeping when he got the news of Lazarus passing, I thought about Christmas.
Weird! We are half way done with the year and so that means half way to Christmas! Wow!
Every Christmas I take out this small red a box filled with 12 ornaments called “Adornaments.”
Each ornament has a name of Jesus that we learn in the bible. Hang in there with me!
Reflecting on the words “He Wept,” I remember these twelve names that describe who wept. This wasn’t just anybody that was grieving with Mary and Martha.
This was:
The Lamb of God
The Lion of Judah
The Bright Morning Star
The Light of the World
The Good Shepherd
The King of Kings and Lord of Lords
The Bread of Life
Savior
Immanuel
The Door
The Vine
The giver of Living Water

Who wept? God Himself! He had an emotional response to a human occurrence. Think about the difficulty or maybe even happiness you are experiencing today. It takes just a simple prayer to allow him to experience your sorrow or joy with you. As you pray this prayer remember who it is you are inviting into your life situations.

Father in heaven I am experiencing_______________right now. You mean so much to me. Your name is a mighty name, come into my heart and help experience this day with me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Experiencing Christmas time in June!

Finding comfort,
Elaine

No comments: