Thursday, June 3, 2010

Title

Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty (whose power no foe can withstand).
Ephesians 1:21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Dear Friend:

If you have given your life to Jesus and committed to following Him, God has a title of ownership with your name on it. If you own a car you know what I mean. You get a title saying you own the car, it is yours.

I don’t know about you, but when I see the titles, Most High and Almighty I get choked up. The names of God are powerful. God is the name above all names. God’s name is greater than every name that will ever exist. Can you just repeat those words all day long? Just be quiet and rest in God.

What is your response today just thinking about God? Mine is one of gratitude and sorrow. Sorrow, because if I really grasped how big God is I would trust Him more with my life and the plans he has for me. I would trust Him with my frustrations and uncertainties. Think long and deep into these titles and I pray you come out humbled, like I feel today.

Let’s pray: Father in heaven help me to dwell in the secret place of the Most High where I will be stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty. Thank you for helping me to remember how big you are. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: