Thursday, July 29, 2010

Full Face

Lamentations 3:24-29 (The Message) 22-24God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left. God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times. 28-30When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst.

Dear Friend:

Does it seem that when things get bad they just get worse? In our world the wars are not ceasing, natural disasters are continuing like the recent flooding in Illinois from heavy rains. Our men keep getting deployed to hot spots. Our youth are getting inundated with temptations of sex and drugs/alcohol.
Don’t get busier when things seem hard! Just the opposite needs to occur. Here is what God interjects about the trouble.
When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in Prayer. Don’t ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don’t run from trouble. TAKE IT FULL-FACE. The “worst” is never the worst. –GOD-

Let’s pray today: Father in heaven I wait in the hope of God my Savior. I’m not running away from you, I’m into your arms today. Thanks for the hope you are restoring in me now. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Facing the giants,
Elaine

No comments: