Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flooded

John 14:22-27 (The Message) 22Judas (not Iscariot) said, "Master, why is it that you are about to make yourself plain to us but not to the world?" 23-24"Because a loveless world," said Jesus, "is a sightless world. If anyone loves me, he will carefully keep my word and my Father will love him—we'll move right into the neighborhood! Not loving me means not keeping my words. The message you are hearing isn't mine. It's the message of the Father who sent me. 25-27"I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.

Dear Friend:

I find it interesting that many houses have flooded in great rains recently. It is happening all over the world. Could God be sending us a message? It is ironic that we are filling up our homes with unrest, destruction, hatred, division, indecision, fear, and doubt. These things are not from God.

Jesus wants to move right into our neighborhoods. Judas, not Iscariot, asked a question that I think we can ask today “Master, why is it that you make yourself plain to us but not to the world?” If you sincerely are seeking to know Jesus the way the disciples did, who gave up everything to follow Him, you would hear His voice and listen and read the answer. Jesus gently answered those who could hear “the friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you and remind you of all things I have told you.”
My question to you is “have you experienced the Holy Spirit in your life?” If not, why? This is a key piece to the “Flooded” lives we live. Why would anyone want to miss out on Jesus answer?

Sit before Almighty God with your flooded life that he already knows about and let’s pray to receive the Holy Spirit right now. I believe Jesus died and rose again for my sins. I need you father to help me to deal with the floods of life. I receive the Holy Spirit today to be my helper. Give me strength to read your word so the Holy Spirit can remind me and make things plain to me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Not troubled, peaceful,
Elaine

No comments: