Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nudge

Psalm 37:5-6 (New International Version) 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Dear Friend:

When you have things you fret about do you commit them to the Lord? I have prayed about my frets and the results were remarkable!
I am telling this story because I know there are people who fret about the same thing I was.

When my Grandma was in the nursing home and others kept saying “you should make a plan and visit your Grandma every other day.” Everyone had advice about the visits. I was fretting over the right time to go and how often could my schedule handle this etc. I finally had it with being “should” by others.

I went before the Lord and said “God you know everything, I need help to know absolutely when I need to be there for my Grandma and I will only go if I get a prompting from. Can you help me God?” Days went by with no nudge, until I got up one morning and thought “I need to go see Grandma.” I shot a prayer up to God asking “is this from you?” The nagging thought kept coming clear.
On my way to the nursing home another nagging came “stop and get her Wendy’s chili-one of her favorite food.” I had a great visit and went home. The next day I got a call to come to the home quickly because my Grandma had had a stroke. After evaluating her they found her throat to be paralyzed. After months they discovered at her age she would not be able to regain eating. I thought to myself “OMG, my Grandmas last meal was the chili.”

Why am I telling you this story? Because we have so many decisions to make these days that we fret about and don’t talk to God about them.
I read a story recently about a man who had a sick wife and she needed medicine sometimes for emergency situations at night. He could not sleep in fear that if he missed an episode she could potentially die.

He prayed and told God his story of wanting to be there for his wife and he needed God to help alert him to his wives needs. Do you know that he has story after story of how he was nagged to go administer medicine to his wife? Over and over again! How cool is our God when we just get close to Him and ask. The result, good sleep!
What do you have in your life that you don’t know how you could possibly handle on your own? I hear people who suddenly get an urge to pray for a family member or for those in the military. They find out later something did happen and the person did need prayer. Yes! God is good!

Think about where you should turn first not last!

Let’s pray: Father in heaven I turn to you first not last! Continue to help me to hear your nudge and trust and act on it! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Thankful for God’s nudge,
Elaine

No comments: