Monday, January 17, 2011

Large Love

Dear Friend:

I got a text the other day from my Dad that said this “Large love Dad.”
I have gotten text from my Dad and they usually say “Love you God bless you Dad.”
So when I saw the word “Large” I was thinking how sweet he really wants to communicate His love to me. My heart kind of skipped a beat with delight.
Then I wondered “did anyone else in the family get this message?”, because it has been in the past where he sends out mass texts to everyone, including grandchildren.

My mind has drifted since that text and I ask “wouldn’t it be cool to have gotten a text from God with the same message?” How precious!
When I read the bible I find many times God has expressed His love to me. Do I read them with such joy and really receive it like I did this text message? Do you?
Ok confession time. After all of this thinking and anticipation of writing you this message I remember the day before I texted my Dad asking him what size t-shirt does he wear? Thus, the response he texted me “large love Dad.” LOL!
We just experienced God’s love and passion for his people when He brought the baby Jesus into the world in a manger in Bethlehem. Oh what a precious message, God parted with His son and gave Him to us. That’s large love! Let the message reside in your heart 24/7/365.

Psalm 36:5 God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks.

Love from above,
Elaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that post Elaine. It is always so inspiring and uplifting to read your entries but this one was especially touching for me because of your "seeing what you wanted to see" message. As you know having recently lost our father in this life, I continually look for signs he is around me and I find them...because I want to! Thanks for all of your positive words! You are such a consistent encouraging person!