Thursday, January 20, 2011

Showdown

Dear Friend:

Do you remember ever watching an old western movie when the showdown was about to happen between the good guy and bad guy? Usually before the showdown they agree where they will meet and the time. Then they get their guns ready and put them in their holsters.

I woke up one morning picturing in my mind me and my family getting ready for a showdown with the enemy (satan). We were to meet on a street in an old western town just like the movies show it and meet right in front of the sheriff’s office. As we walked out of our house and headed down the street to the meeting place I spoke out “this is our ammunition we are bringing with us:

His compassions never fail; his mercy is new every morning.”(Paraphrased from Lamentations 3:22-23)

Moving forward my next words was “the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.” (1Peter 1:24b-25 NIV)

Yet more steps led to “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.” (1Peter 2:24 NIV)

Steps more “seek first the kingdom and His righteousness and then all things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33)

Kept walking saying “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater than these, because I am going to the Father.” (John 14:12 NIV)

One last verse “repent, then and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19 NIV)

We were all armed and ready. We won the battle. We were free from worry, anxiety, fears and negative critical thinking. We will continue to claim the victory because of Jesus.

PRAYER: Father in heaven thank you for showing me that we are in a battle but Jesus always wins!

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV)

Free,
Elaine

No comments: