Friday, May 30, 2014

SACRED MOMENT

Todays thoughts:
I read this passage:

"One day the Lord said to Moses, "Climb one of the mountains east of the river, and look out over the land I have given the people of Israel. After you have seen it, you will die like your brother, Aaron, for you both rebelled against my instructions in the wilderness of Zin (Numberse 27:12-14a NLT).

My thoughts upon reading this:
God wants Moses to look over the land and maybe worship with Him.
But then the blow came when God said,
"You're gonna die because you rebelled."
All my thoughts of this being a Sacred Moment instantly came crashing.

I am so sad for Moses.

But wait a minute! Here is Moses response. "O Lord, you are the God who gives breath to all creatures. Please appoint a new Man as leader for the community" (Numbers 27:16 NLT).

My immediate reaction is, "Are you serious Moses? Really? That is your response?"
A response full of humility, worship, other focused, care, compassion and love...many more positive words come to mind.

I am sad again.

How would I have responded if God just told me that?

Deeper thinking and prayer. "God how come Moses did not come to his defense? Why didn't he try and talk you out of this decision? Was he so old and worn out that he just excepted this fate? Did he figure whatever will be will be?"

My next thought became a review of the deep relationship Moses had with God. Moses was selected by God and accredited with righteousness. He was a holy man of God. He did exactly what God said to do (except in the instance of Zin). God  said "look out over the land." Moses acknowledged, worshipped, praised and gave thanks! In that moment he connected to God as He always did. He loved God and trusted God with everything He had within Him.

My response:
I want that relationship in my life. What a leader Moses was. He didn't have anyone around to impress. It was just Him and God. A SACRED MOMENT.

Moses knew God so intimately. Moses heart was full of the heavenly hope, which is being with God one day. This hope far surpassed the earthly calling. Moses heavenly calling filled every fiber of His being. Moses was relishing in the fact that He loved his relationship with God more than life itself.

Therein lies the challenge. Do I value this relationship more than my life? Or do I depend on God just so I can get my daily needs met?

Let me ask you? When you look at this sacred moment what do you see? How do you respond? What will you do differently upon reading this account?

Maybe you have the gift of leadership and you want to use it more.
Maybe your relationship with God is weak and it needs some work.
Maybe you simply needed today to read this and then refocus your mind.
As Paul said "To fix your eye on the prize." Our hope can only be the heavenly home secured for us by God and with God one day.
Maybe like Moses you need to think more about others than yourself.

Please don't let this moment go by without praying. 

PRAYER:  Father I am grateful for Your message of hope. I pray that I can fix my eyes on You today. I look forward to sacred moments with You Father. I want to be other focused help me to be more aware of how I can do that. Amen.




No comments: