Wednesday, September 16, 2015

RESTING IN THE LORD

I read the passage of scripture where Jesus appeared in the upper room after he rose from the dead.
His first words were "Peace be with you." Each time he greeted a disciple he said those words "Peace be with you."

I closed my eyes with the intent to sit and rest in Jesus. Quiet my mind with your love. I pictured Jesus appearing to the disciples with His arms extending out saying "Peace be with you." At that moment I felt like I was there in that room. He had risen! He was dragged brutally and hung on a cross and left secured in a cold tomb, yet here he was before their eyes.

I thought of the reason for his death. I personalized it. To atone for me/mankind.
I heard a whisper "Peace be with you."

My impression of that moment was Jesus was all about others. Never about himself. He extended peace at that moment. What? Think about that. His greeting blew my mind. Reassuring. He is all in for you and me.

I sensed His love for me. No matter what goes on in life. If I get worn out, Jesus is there to extend me peace. His story is one of grace. I needed to remember that. He knew I needed that. He loves me.

Do you every close your eyes and sit and wait, no agenda or purpose but just wait? I closed my eyes knowing Jesus is present but I did not know what to expect.

Find your rest spot. Pull over. Get to the Oasis.


No comments: