Monday, February 12, 2018

NATURE CALLS! STUPENDOUS!

My happy place, the Morton Aboretum. I remember for years I didn't go there. Many people said it was the place to go. I would tell myself, why should I pay money to enjoy nature. How can it be any better in there then the forest preserve down the block? On a whim I went two years ago and found it nice. I started only enjoying the bike path and not endeavoring any deeper into the park. Well, oh yeah I did lunch. Until one day I really looked at their website and started to consider if this place makes me so peaceful why not learn more. Thus began my whole new out look. The more I got educated about the woodlands, prairie and the rich history, Ding! Ding! Ding! - a light bulb alarmingly went off in my head.  Are you crazy, look what you have been missing! What God created I hadn't been paying attention. Nature calls! It never let's me down! This is stupendous!


Friends: I liken this to my relationship with Christ. I drifted through life on my own, in my twenties I was feeling empty and desperate. Significant transformation came when I was introduced to Christ and His ginormous love for me. It was great in the beginning even tho I did not know much about Jesus, but the more I picked up the bible and read about His life, way and truth, I marveled and wanted more and more. It was bliss. The more I learn, which is never ending, the more I appreciate the Father's love for me. It really is a love story. 

If we walk around life and do not dig deeper. We miss out! Diving in enriching! It is stupendous! 

I ask?
Have you asked Jesus to take your hand? Will you walk, talk, learn from Him? I had my favorite dinner the other night, a big juicy piece of Filet Mignon. The memory of eating it is there, but it kind of was a quick fix to gratification. Jesus is sufficient. He is better than that steak. 

All my days, I want to praise the wonders of His mighty hands. Every breath that I take is a reminder that He created me and He gave me breath in my lungs. 
Prayer: Father thank you for your stupendous love of Jesus! Amen.

Not Spring yet, but get ready God is calling us to His creation, nature!

No comments: