Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I've been left out! Not even an invite! A chance for me to say "Yes" or "No"!

I heard a young girl, junior in High School, say "I'm not even gonna try anymore."
Try to figure out her "Group" of girls she is part of! "Why?", I asked. She said it began years ago. She is so young. Years ago? When she was in middle school she was not included in a "Girl group". She basically said that she gives up and just waiting for college.

Giving up to find decent people to hang with. People who will build you up. People who will accept you for who you are. People who will include you and want the best for you. They would bring the best out in you.

Do you know anyone that can be on your team?!

I want to share a story about that.

(This story is the only miracle Jesus did and is mentioned in all four gospels.)

Jesus started His public ministry when He turned thirty. He had twelve disciples, walking, talking and learning from Him. One day he was tired from spending much time with the people. More and more people heard about Him healing and teaching. Crowds would gather just to be by Jesus. On this day Jesus got in a boat with idea to go to the other side and go to a place of solidarity to pray.
When he got to the other side there came a crowd. Jesus looked at them and HAD COMPASSION ON THEM. The disciples wanted to protect Jesus. They said, "It's getting late, lets direct the crowd to a town where they could find lodging and food for themselves."  Jesus said, "Let's feed them." His disciples said, "We have only these 5 loaves of bread and two fish." Jesus told the people to sit on the grass and then he took the bread and broke it, looked up to heaven and blessed it and gave thanks. Then He instructed the disciples to feed everyone. They did. There were over 5000 men and also women and children in addition. There was twelve baskets of food left over.

The disciples had temporarily forgot that Jesus did remarkable things. They witnessed them. They were being practical the lacked judgement. They just did saw they did not have the time, money or ability to feed 5000.

Jesus being God himself. Creator. Loved everyone. He reached across and wanted to take care of everyone. He did not leave anyone out! He blessed the bread, gave thanks. (He was teaching everyone.) He did not get mad at the disciples. He did not take charge and do everything. He included the disciples in the plan. They are participated willingly, remember who Jesus was. God took something small and multiplied (did it big). He does miracles. He is a miracle maker. He is acting like a father would. He lavished them with food generously. They got to have as much as they want. Jesus did the impossible. He was kind and compassionate. He includes everybody. He wants the best for everyone. There were even leftovers! He looks out for us all.

Jesus is the one to run to when you feel rejected, alone, left out. To look at your situation in light of the cross, death and resurrection of Christ will bring you peace. Let us say, "I will pray for those to come into my life that will have my back, will support me and want the best for me. I always have Jesus. The one who forgave me, loved me, took the punishment for me. I am seated with Him. He has His thoughts are for me. He will be my rock and protector. He is with me. He left the Holy Spirit who now lives in me. I can do all things with Him. I will be okay. For now better to be alone with Jesus than be with those who are good for me."
Grieving and being sad is real. But then we have to speak the truth to ourselves.
Wait. Wait on Jesus. Wait till the light of the world shows you His next steps.

Pray:  Lord thank you for loving me so much. At times you may want me alone so that you can protect me. Forgive me when I get impatient. Forgive these people who have been mean. I can be mean without you. Help me to find people who will love me and care for me the way you do. I wait on you to show me. Amen.

No comments: