Friday, June 1, 2018

CURIOUSLY, FLOURISHING, LOOKING UP

"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your names is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints" (Psalm 52:8,9).
I love when I pick up a devotional and flip through the pages and a verse catches my eye.
It starts with reading, leads to a word that sticks out...the word makes me curious then I look it up, which leads to me making a list or asking myself more questions. I look at commentaries and blogs. I'm curious! What does it mean for me? Jesus, I pray, I need you today. Lead me! I get lost. Lost in the truth of what really matters. I need the deep connection. I am flourishing! He is nurturing my soul. My soul is quiet. It is well. It happens, again and again. I delight in the visit. I don't want to leave, but the world calls and I must go DO instead of just being. Being with the Jesus, my creator.

Flourish: to break forth, to bloom.
How interesting. Every Tuesday recently I've gone to the Arboretum to work in the Tallgrass Prairie.
In early in April, the prairie was flat and dead, but it is growing exponentially each week due to the increase in rain. Am I blooming along with the flowers? Maybe. I know for sure that I need to trust the Lord and His unfailing love forever. I like that David reminds me FOREVER. Not just when I feel like it. Do you need an answer from God about what's up! What's going on? I do to! But no answer is coming.

I stumble upon this random verse and it answers the question "What do I do?"

TRUST
PRAISE (For me that includes worship and reflection on Jesus).
REVIEW (Have I seen God's provision before? Remember, Reflect, Relish those moments.)
THANKFUL (After that review, I can't help but be thankful.)

Look up!
Look up!
Don't look down on earth! Not many answers come from there. Look up!

No comments: