Friday, March 5, 2021

JOY-BY THE POWER OF THE CROSS

 It was a blue sky day and I walking on a mile long loop at a forest preserve. It was spring and the path was either drenching wet, at some point maybe to deep for my boots, snowy, or dry. I breathed deep determined to finish the loop despite the changes in the path. I almost slipped at one point but held my ground. Do you know what its like when you have to look at each step you take? It really feels as if I missing out of the surroundings because I have to cautiously look but oh how glorious when you come to a stretch that is smooth and safe. I can rest and just take in the warmth and sights in. That was my chance to find joy no matter what I came upon.

Isn't life just like that where you can be tossed to and fro? I just want the path to be smooth and really I don't want to twist an ankle. I was thinking about this as I walked. Walking, believing you are strong, you have a brain to consider the steps. More importantly you know Christ is with you in Spirit.  Or do you remember that in the moments? 

In my JOY journey I how David in 1 Chronicles 15 had been preparing to bring the Ark to the place God instructed Him. God arranged a procession where the Levite priests who lead the way and all the Israelites would follow and also He appointed singers to sing JOYFUL songs accompanied by musical instruments. When they were walking they sang thanks to the Lord; Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord REJOICE! Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and JOY in his dwelling place. Then the trees of the forest will sing, they will sing for JOY before the Lord. 

The first time they took the Ark it didn't work because they did not follow God's instructions. Now they did and it was JOYFUL. 

Prayer:  Help us to not get entangled emotionally when paths are rough. Let us remember you are with us and will guide us in your JOY and strength. Amen.

Triumphing over evil powers and authorities by the power of the cross.


1 comment:

Katy Jeanne said...

I’d love to look into this more. I can totally relate to the instances where we’re distracted by the possible trip-ups, that we’re not able to look up, enjoy the perspective, be able to relax and allow the next good thing to actually be noticed. Where can I find the first time they tried and failed to bring the ark?