Thursday, December 30, 2021

THE PRIZE

 

I am taking time with God alone and He is giving me a message.

I started with a Prayer.

My father who art in heaven hallowed your name

Thy kingdom come. They will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Lord as things transpire here on earth,

Help me to interpret things with your heavenly wisdom. What is the best questions I should ask of you

Father right now? Why is this happening? No, but what are you using this all for. Transforming and training me to go down your path and your ways. My desire is to please you Father. Your love is perfect. Why review this past again? I have glanced at this past with much prayer and consideration.  Laying down at the cross, the orphan spirit, the abandoned child, the rejection. I am aware Father that your perfect love is what we need, your zoe life,  substance, peace here in life. No human beings can give me happiness. Seeking you to be my perfect abba Father. 

As I prayed this I hear in my head “Press on for the prize”, I look for the verses by following the word “prize”  the verses in 1 Corinthians 9 come to mind.  Paul talks about preaching the gospel as his primary matter of existence. Verse 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. 24-27 Running for the prize. Being qualified. Paul gives us direction as how to deal with the past.

The explanation of righteousness and everything in the past, losing all things. Verse 8- “I consider them “Rubbish”, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Col. 3:13-“Brothers (sisters) I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do :  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus!

 ONE THING…here it is again. Pressing forward.

I am armored in the Lord Jesus Christ. Asking him what now. 

My soul is satisfied in Christ alone. I reconciled to Christ when I was 26. My mission was to raise my children in the word and that the Holy Spirit would lead them, for them to live for Christ and He will direct our paths when we trust in Him. No friend, husband, wife, cousin, aunt, step-sister, child, co-workers, animals, neighbor can do that. NO ONE.

Anyone who puts things before Christ will struggle.

What’s next…

I am waiting on the Lord.

 I remember when my mom died. I was kneeling on a stone path on a rural road and crying, really God this is the end of the story. Really no manifestation of healing for my mom on earth. It’s all happening in heaven? Crying. I called a friend that prayed  over me and said, “Lord we grieve differently, do not let the spirit of grief come over her. Let your spirit come and comfort her now.” I stopped crying and realized this truth. Our home does not reside here on earth. It is in heaven. Glory! Glory be my mom stands in glory with the glorious King Jesus!

People do not satisfy, but we give that job over to Christ and join in His work. We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Eph. 2:10

Letting the process go…giving it to Christ Jesus at the foot of the cross…waiting on Him…being still….

 

Elaine

No comments: