Saturday, February 23, 2008

A++ Part 2

Dear Friend:

In my last letter I told the story of how God puts us all together as the Church of Christ. We unite with all our gifts to make up the body of Christ. We are not bound by a building but by Christ alone.

There were so many things that I saw with the tweeners that I continuously am blessed. I was thinking deeper along this message and wanted to include some more extensive observations.

When the girls were getting ready to leave the cabin for good we had to clean up. God showed me even in the clean-up how he uses all are gifts. I saw girls come and ask me what needs to be done to get us through our check-list. There were 5 girls that really came and sincerely were willing to clean anything, even the showers. They just took the spray cleaner and did it. I asked myself “should I get more involved in this process?” Again God reminded some serve so mercifully without thinking. Even to the point of cleaning sinks and showers. Rather than pointing out the negative of those that did not volunteer we should point out how God supplied those with the heart who genuinely did not care and were willing to clean anything. I know at other times the girls have all been used with their gifts in different ways. Some clean, some lead, some think and come up with wise plans all are different. I am not making excuses for the girls who did not volunteer and I will try and get everyone to participate and clean, but I just want to show how God gains cooperation through the hearts. I did not see one of the girls who volunteered then go back and say I cleaned the showers so you should clean the beds. I saw the heart of God in the girls and there was genuinely cooperation and ease in the process.

This is something to think about in our own homes and lives. Looking at situations and leading by prayer and letting God get involved in the hearts of our families. When the Spirit of God is present in a family we can experience peace and cooperation. I know that this lesson goes along with the bible verse,(I will quote it from the Message Bible) What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over theses things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, and God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Matthew 6:32-34

(Faith, friends it takes Faith) Are you getting this? What will happen in your life if you choose God first? What is the promise? Everyday human concerns will be met. ALL! We can expect peace cooperation and smoother sailing. I am not saying we can expect perfection, but a balanced home. A house that is taught to seek God first and not full of over activity brings balance and peace and time for chores and other projects the family is trying to get too! Think about it.

You can pray: Father in Heaven I choose to seek you first and then my concerns will be met. Thank you Father. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Choosing God First,

Elaine

No comments: