Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's Going On?

How are you doing? God always brings good out of what seems bad.

In scripture it says

Romans 8:28 -

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

The psalms are beautiful to read through at hard times. David wrote many of them. Sometimes you can see his struggles with life in his writings. It is amazing. He actually says things like “his body aches and he cries out to the Lord.” He was always in a battle and running and being hunted down by his enemies. God allowed the battles. But the Lord said “David is a man after my own heart.” God loves us all, but does allow trials in our lives. We then can learn and put that to use someday. WE Will always be able to relate to people on a deep level, because of the times we have experienced pain. It is hard but, this is a very valuable thing to learn. Learning to sympathize with others.

Yesterday I was in the Portillo’s with my Mom. My Mom was having a difficult time and needed to eat. There was a man in line before me. He was gruff and complaining to a women standing outside the line. His issue, I don’t know but he was going on and on. The line opened up for him to order and he is not paying attention. He is going on and on. Finally I said, very softly sir are you going to order. He looks up gruffly and defensively, “well yes. What are you in a big hurry, maybe you should go ahead.” I said “it is just that my mom is diabetic and needs to eat.” What comes out of the ladies mouth (she is the one who was talking with the man) (she had no sympathy) “well my mom is diabetic and she carries food with her when she gets like that.” I said “my mom is new at getting shots and does not get that yet.” Well, the lady says “well she should.” The both of them just wanted to go at it with me. No sympathy nothing, just cut downs and gruff responses. WHAT’S GOING ON?

I feel sorry for those people. People are either hardened by life or softened. My prayer is that we continue to take care of ourselves and be softened by experiences and use them to be an example for others. I know you can be an example for many.

I was reading in Acts 14:8-11 Paul saw a man that was crippled in his feet, from birth. Paul was preaching and the man listened to Paul. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed and Paul called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.

I have faith as I look Jesus in the eyes and say, so and so needs to be healed, Please help. I believe that is the purpose to the bible to help us to remember that Jesus started a work on earth, passed it to the apostles and the apostles passed it others and so on to us. Faith….it heals. Jesus came that we might have life and have it to the full, it says. Each day as we renew are minds with the truth it speaks to our soul and gives us strength to carry on. How were some of the remarkable people able to carry on? I believe it was there faith and believing God will get them through everything.

Let’s pray: Father in heaven help me to bless those who are being difficult. I want to love everyone. Thank you for giving me faith to believe that you will always help me. In Jesus name. Amen.

Peace be with you,

Love,

Elaine

No comments: