Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Eagles Wings

Dear Friend:

I have been meditating on all of the bible verses that pertain to eagles and their wings. It all started about one month ago when I saw several verses from devotions all about eagles. When you see things multiple times, do you think God is trying to tell you something? I believe! I have also noticed when this happens that I learn and then I also get many chances to share or comfort others with that message.

I have been working at the hospital visiting patients. There is no better place to bring the message of God and how He speaks to us about covering us with His wings like an eagle. How comforting that is, don’t you think? The verses below make you think of God as an eagle.

I have even a better picture. Have you seen a eagle flying? I have been to Canada many times and have seen the eagle command the sky when they are around. Did you know they are off the endangered species list? In Canada I would look up to the highest trees and that is where I find the eagles. When the eagles swoop down and land in a tree I hear the branches crackle. They are so powerful. Birds actually give up their prey to the eagle with no fights. Birds just know not to mess with the eagle.

Ps 17:8 - Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings

Ps 36:7 - How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Ps 57:1 - Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

Ps 91:4 - He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Isa 40:31 -but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Mal 4:2 - But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.

Let’s pray: Dear Father in Heaven. I thank you for always being here to comfort, shield, renew my strength, provide refuge, love, have mercy and heal. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Soaring with God,

Elaine

No comments: