Thursday, March 20, 2008

Stunned

Dear Beloved Friend:

What I am about to say may stun you! Christ is alive and living each and every day! Are you “stunned” by that statement? Do you believe who he said he was? Are you sitting there reading this saying “Elaine what are you talking about?” I think I can clarify what I am meditating on but I must admit I struggle with the idea of Jesus being right here with me right now.

I am reading Mark 16.

As you are reading put yourself in Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Salome’s shoes. In chapter 15:41 it says “In Galilee these women had followed Him and cared for his needs.” For years they have been following Him caring for Him, but remember they were healed by Him and cared for by Him also. These women are walking to the tomb where Jesus was laid to rest and they are “worrying out loud.” Just picture yourself following Jesus and all of his teachings for the last three years and then you witnessed a long drawn out death just a few days before. Then, you want to give Jesus a proper burial and you are on your way to the tomb. The worry in their minds, crowds out so much that they do not remember that Jesus said he would die and rise again to give new life. They get to the tomb and they are “stunned” to find he was gone. The chapter goes on to say not only are they “stunned” so are the disciples and other followers. Why is it so hard for us to believe what Jesus said and did here on earth? Why is it so hard to live as Jesus did? Why do we have so much trouble believing that Jesus is the son of God and He came knowing His life would end in death, but that He would be rise from that death to live again? He always intercedes for us and left the third part of the trinity the Holy Spirit to live in us. We should not be “stunned” that he was not there. The reaction should be more like “YES AND AMEN, WHAT HE SAID, HE DID!” I proclaim with my mouth “GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!”

We have Easter coming up in the next week. I suggest that you go and read each Gospels account of the death of Jesus. I pray that you will reflect on the magnitude of Jesus and what He did for you. Examine your heart with honesty and ask yourself :

1. Do I believe that Jesus was the son of God and he died and rose again so that I may be forgiven all of my wronging doing (past, present and future)?

2. Do I believe that Jesus did this for everyone (even the murderers) because he loved?

3. Do I believe that tomb was empty and that signifies he conquered death and you now have the opportunity to believe and then have eternal life with Jesus?

4. Do I worry so much about money, relationships, stress, food and pretty much all of life that I forget that God knows it all and He is just asking us to go to the cross and tomb and remember he paid it all?

5. Do I forget to simply just trust Him with my daily living?

I know this a lot to think about but now is the time to stop being “stunned” and just simply say “I believe and will continue to trust.”

Let’s pray: Jesus you paid it all. Yes and Amen it is finished. Thank you for your great plan. Help me to trust and remember the things you did and said so I can live like you did. You are my Savior and I will no longer be “stunned.” In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Great prayer! Expect better days ahead because of Jesus and what He did for you. “SPRING” forward with new Life because it is all around you. New life is growing in the trees, grass and all of nature. Nature is screaming out new life just believe it and receive it! Your finances, relationships all problems are budding with new life just watch and pray.

Springing forward,

Elaine

No comments: