Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Prepare

Dear Friend:
As I prepare by reflection on the true meaning of Christmas, I am never disappointed in the hope and glory the Baby Jesus brought into this world. Here is what Mary’s relative Elizabeth said upon seeing Mary pregnant with the baby Jesus “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!” She believed there for it was done! May you identify with Mary and know this belief and accomplishment she made.
Every year different parts of the Christmas story strike me. This wonder of Elizabeth upon seeing Mary gave her joy. She knew from her upbringing that one would be sent by God to save herself and her people. She was taught to look for the signs. Elizabeth paid attention by remembering the words of the prophets and living a life that God would even bless her with a special baby, John the Baptist. In order to get past the stress of this time of the year you and I have to take the time to remember what happened over 2000 years ago. This one event changed our entire world forever. Can you get a hold of this life changing event? I sometimes can’t wrap my mind around it. But I can just sit and imagine how awesome it was for Elizabeth being pregnant herself and greeting Mary the soon to be mother of JESUS. She witnessed the accomplishment of Mary.
For some, even figuring out what you will do on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is stressful. Some of your family have not been getting along and you have no desire to see some of them. I pray that we reflect on what Christmas is really about and through that experience you will discover what is the best way for you and your loved ones to Celebrate Christmas. That may mean seeing those that are hard to see or maybe it will be a new year with new traditions. God can speak to your heart and tell you what to do. You do not have to feel lonely because Jesus is “Immanuel” God with us.
Here is a website full of videos full of Christmas stories and music. I suggest you sit and watch as many as you can. Force yourself to sit and pray and let God speak to you through these small videos. Pray Jesus what do you want us to do for Christmas. In Jesus name. Amen.

Crazy at Christmas
17 siblings made Christmas unique for RV Brown. Join him for an exciting reunion.
Watch video »
http://www.billygraham.org/mediaplayer.asp?l=http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1137883267/bclid1151560148/bctid3730934001
Merry Preparing for Christmas,
Elaine

No comments: