Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stressmas

Dear Friend:

I was in a long line at the store Sunday afternoon Dec. 14. I am now a week away from Christmas and a lady walks in the line to join her friend two spots in front of me and proceeds to check out. I turn to the lady directly in front of me and said “was she with her all along or did she just cut in?” The lady in front of me said “I don’t know and it really does not matter.” I thought oh yeah, I need to have that attitude too (who cares, let it go)! She also said “I think this time of year should be called Stressmas and not Christmas.” I said “oh that is good really good, can I use that in my writings and I explained what I write. She said “sure and good luck, Merry Christmas.” I told her in the past when standing in line I can be in “Elaine’s world” or in “God’s World.” Of Course God’s world is more peace-loving.
Here is a check-list of thoughts to have with you to stay in the “Christmas Spirit” and avoid “Stressmas.”
1. I am going shopping at a prime time therefore I will experience
a. Long lines, anxious people, people who are in a hurry, waiting, waiting and more waiting for help.
2. I can choose to go in a busy time or find another time.
3. Carry with me this verse “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil. 4:13
MAYBE SEND YOURSELF A TEXT OF THIS VERSE BEFORE YOU LEAVE AND SIGN IT –GOD-

I really want to recommend you reading the Christmas story in Luke. I will comment on that next time.
For now pray like this: Father I want to be in the Christmas Spirit. Help me to remember that I can do all things through you! In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

CHRIST mas,

Elaine

No comments: