Monday, May 4, 2009

Make Up Your Mind

ISIAAH 26:2-3 Throw wide the gates
so good and true people can enter.
People with their minds set on you,
you keep completely whole,
Steady on their feet,
because they keep at it and don't quit.

Dear Friend:

I have heard the struggle of God’s people. Struggle with all kinds of addictions (alcohol, drugs, shopping, busyness, lack of self-control, lack of self-discipline) I got two prayer requests today of young adults struggling with drug addictions.

When you think of God , what do you think? Does your heart beat faster? Do you picture an unapproachable God on a throne or do you picture God on the throne waving you toward him? In order to understand the verse above we must think that the door to the heavens is open and we will not offend our God with a visit, but we will bring joy to Him with visits. MAKE UP YOUR MIND! Are you going to visit Him daily or not? How can you read the words above and not be drawn to this promise.
PEOPLE WITH THEIR MINDS SET ON YOU, YOU KEEP COMPLETELY WHOLE, STEADY ON THEIR FEET.
I don’t think there is a person alive who does not want to be completely whole and steady on their feet.

Simply put, get to know the one who created you and cares about YOU! DON’T QUIT!
You are too busy?
You lack a plan or vision?
You lack self-discipline or self-control?
Ask for help.
It is the matter of the heart and mind. Will you pray with me?
Father in Heaven I thank you that your arms are wide open to me. Thank you for opening them all the time and never waiting for me to be perfect. Take this spirit of perfection away and replace it with your grace. Help me to overcome day by day. Forgive me for too much( busyness, lack of self-control, lack of self-discipline). In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Making up my mind,
Elaine

No comments: