Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Safe

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely and in Him I trust!

Dear Friend:

In life you can catch yourself walking around asking yourself “what should I do about my circumstances.” Or what is the most effective way to talk to my daughter, son, husband or co-worker? You’re going along and just making it up sometimes. There are probably times when you even remember to shoot up prayer to God about your circumstances. But you still feel unsure about things.

I believe the words above written by David are a powerful reminder to just take the time in life and compliment God. To put your thoughts and concerns aside and just reflect on the goodness of God.
Do you agree with what David is saying about the Lord? He is your refuge and fortress, someone to lean on and rely on. Don’t just think about it, but say it to him.

God you are my refuge, I trust in you and I’m safe! You have rescued me from…….. (List what he has rescued you from) and you will rescue me again. I am thinking of the times someone hurt me and I thought they are never going to recognize what they did and apologize. I pray about it and miraculously a person does apologize and ask for forgiveness.

DECLARE WITH ME: GOD I AM ALWAYS SAFE WITH YOU! YOU ARE GOOD AND YOU HAVE A GOOD PLAN FOR MY LIFE. YOU ARE ON MY SIDE AND I CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT OF ME. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE OVERWHELMED. IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME I PRAY. AMEN.

Declaring God’s faithfulness,
Elaine

No comments: