Monday, September 20, 2010

Today's Your Lucky Day!

Dear Friend:
I know times can be hard waiting to hear about your loved one in the Military. In the meantime, you hear stories of soldiers whose lives have tragically ended. How do you console anyone who is questioning, why him or her? Or why did this happen or that happen?

A Pastor recently said “today’s your lucky day! I have a 5 word, 4 word, 7 word answer to your question; Why did this happen?”
With grief he responded
“The 5 word answer is ‘I don’t have a clue!’

The 4 word answer is ‘His greatness is unsearchable.’ Psalm 145:3

The 7 word answer is ‘the secret things belong to the Lord.’ Deuteronomy 29:29 ‘

I am so sorry, sometimes we have to let God be God. God won’t stay in the box I put Him in.”

Let’s pray: Today is a hard day Lord. I am questioning so much going on in life. Help me to have strength for these days. In His name we pray. Amen.


Isaiah 55:8 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Trusting things will be okay,
Elaine

No comments: