Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stuck on a Shelf

Psalm 4:1 Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Dear Friend:

Do you have dreams stuck on a shelf? Things you want to be able to do but it is not the right time or you can’t figure out how to get them to be reality? Or are they have been on the shelf collecting dust because you have given up?
I have been known to write about putting your thoughts on a shelf, but today I want to talk about the things stuck on the shelf. At some point I have put things on the shelf because no solution for that thought or dream was coming to me? I believe some of you can understand what I am saying.

Maybe today is the day to cry out for that thing on the shelf and just ask God to answer you, give you relief from distress, be merciful and hear your prayer.
Psalm 4 goes on to say “ know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself.
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with joy.”

Do you feel the energy of this distressed psalmist growing from despair to hope. That is what God does when you go to him with your sincere “stuckness.” (made up a word there)

Here are some things that maybe on the shelf that need to be reactivated with prayer:
*loved ones who are far from God (you gave up praying?)
*to go back to school or not
*to pursue another career
*to downsize your life, simplify, so you can pursue that dream
*say you’re sorry to someone
*get a job any job
*exercise
*lose weight
What is on your shelf that is been there full of dust that you need to bring before God and then wait for his answer? He may whisper “put it back on the shelf it is not time, I am working this one out for you or you need to move forward with that dream.”

Finally, the psalmist concludes “I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

That’s what I’m talking about having peace it’s priceless!
Let’s pray Father in heaven I am taking this thought………………..of the shelf and asking for your answer. Help me Father. Thank you for always being there for me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Many times we are in the season of just taking care of our family and things need to be on a shelf.

Dusting,
Elaine

No comments: