Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock 'n Roll

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (New International Version) 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Dear Friends:

Do you remember when Donny and Marie Osmond would sing “I’m a Little Bit Country, I’m a Little Bit Rock n’ Roll?” I may be dating myself, but do you remember when they did their skits pretending to argue. Marie would say she is better than Donny? I just watched a clip on utube and it was so dorky, but funny. The song tells why Donny is Rock n’ Roll and why Marie is country. One line says “but my music makes me whole.”

We all know we have differences, but if you are a full out Christ follower, then you understand that you know what makes you whole. We can have our gifts and personalities inside of each of us. At times two Christian friends or family members can look at each other and react with I’m better than you because….. Sometimes we even react with some fleshly anger. But if the Holy Spirit is inside you, all of the sudden you can just stop this reaction with conviction and say “it doesn’t matter what they are, I’m going to love them.” Differences in our flesh divide us but Jesus’ love conquers those differences.

I go through the verse above and picture the person in my mind that is hard to love and pray “I will be patient, kind, not envious, not boastful, not proud, dishonoring, not self-seeking, not easily angered, not keeping records of____________.(name the person) In Jesus name. Amen.

Loving God,
Elaine

No comments: