Monday, November 22, 2010

Thermostat

Matthew 5:15 (New Living Translation)15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.

Dear Friend:

Have you heard that the mom(significant person in the home) is the thermostat of the home? Whatever temperature she is at, everyone else follows.

Knowing that, we need to set the thermostat at Jesus, and have it out in the wide open. Don’t cover your light up, let it shine.

If you're feeling rushed, maybe purposely slow down and let this be a reminder to you. At this time of the year everything seems urgent. Is everything really urgent? I like to make a list and purposely say to myself “I’m not going to be like everyone else, I’m going to be walking in Jesus' light, which for me I decided today, is peace.

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

Let’s pray: Father in heaven I am fixing thoughts on you. Help me to walk in your perfect peace and be the light to everyone in the house. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Setting the temperature,
Elaine

No comments: