Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WOO HOO


Dear Friend:

I was looking at my friend’s cancer care page online. I know many patients now have care pages where they can post their thoughts and receive comments. It is empowering for them.
My friend's page was brimming with names of volunteers willing to care for her. It listed people to contact about providing food and gifts. From her end, she is willing to blog and update readers about her treatments. She included her plan to deal with infertility and the gradual losing of her hair.
I thought of this verse after glancing at her site: "So Jesus said to them, 'Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you'" (Matthew 17:20 NKJV).
I wrote to my friend, "Your website is moving that mountain of cancer. It is so detailed and combative toward this disease. The cancer has no choice but to move out. You are not going to take this lying down. No way! This plan is the faith you need to fight and tell that mountain of cancer to move!"
She responded "WOO HOO." I picture her hand in the air giving me a high-five back!
On any given day something can happen and suddenly things are spinning out of our control. Some things we can fix, and others we have to have faith to give the situation to God. It empowers us to have some sort of plan for how to move forward. The care page is an example of moving forward while being filled with the love of so many people helping to care for body, mind and soul. High-five to family, friends, doctors and nurses!!!
PRAYER:  Father please give me the faith I need for today. Amen.

No comments: