Thursday, November 6, 2014

A NEW POST

Dear Friend:

I started writing Heart 2 Hearts in 2003. I remember my very first one. It was about God adopting me into his family. I call God my Abba, Father. We were rescuing at dog which I resisted to do but then I prayed. A whisper impressed me with the words, just as I have adopted you into my family adopt the dog. It is a symbol to demonstrate God's love to your family. God's message to my family showed us the love of taking in a lost dog which is the same thing God did for us. He takes us into his fold and watches over me.

Today years later I find my past messages filled with such faith and choice words. I am in transition to many changes. It prompts me daily to fall on my knees and ask God to help me to carry on.

The empty nest stage. The time when my relationship with my husband changes. My relationship with my children now young adults shifts. My hormones rage. My focus shifts in all pieces of my pie to life: family, friends, community, church and personal self. How do I now slice the pie pieces? Some days my head screams your work is done. I know it to be a lie but yet it rages. I'm struggling. I am undisciplined and unstructured. I am talking about "I" way to much!

I stop. I cry for no reason. This is hard. Is anyone out there finding this hard? The second half to life.

I know God taught me the first half. Now I await the keys to the second. I pray as I walk God will show me the way so I can be the audience of one and then be the recycle girl for this next phase that we can all walk together. I am impatient. I am waiting. I am trying to be still.

Let's spur each other on! Each day we smile and get to live and breath. Isn't that enough! To be honest it is not always enough.

I want to be honest.I love being a mom. I love those kids. I want to go back. It's the best job ever. What's up with this season. I never knew this was going to be so hard. All I wanted to be is a mom. Can anyone identify with this?

No comments: