Tuesday, November 18, 2014

RENEW 2

You have a moment where you feel like someone wronged you. You confront them and they get defensive. All that you wanted from them is that they would just say "Oh I didn't even think that I hurt you or made you sad. I'm sorry." Now you are left feeling frustrated. How do you move on?

You can continue to dwell on it or choose to forgive as the verses below state. With God's strength you can do this. It is a way of resolving conflict within you.

Matthew 6:12 "And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors (NIV).
1 Corinthians 13:5 " It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs (NIV).
Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (NIV).
 
I will not dwell on this incident.
I will not bring this incident up and use it against you.
I will not talk to others about this incident.
I will not allow this incident to stand between us or
hinder our personal relationship.


My choice is grimm if I continue to dwell on things. God gave us renewed hope. I can follow these four promises. I want to restore my inner self. Unforgiveness separate me from God. I just want peace. 

Do you have people in your life that dwell on incidents? They bring things up over and over? Alright, I have been guilty of this. How about you?
I just thought this was a great way to be reminded to let it go...

Pray with me:
Father In heaven I want to forgive.....help me to practice these promises and truly let it go with your help. Renew my mind with more constructive things. I am tempted to keep bringing this incident back up, help me to stop it! Amen.

Letting it go is freeing. Don't beat yourself up for the past. Just think of the future and how you will be FREE...

No comments: