Tuesday, December 2, 2014

H IS FOR HOLY

H is for Holy. I invite you into a month of preparation for the birth of our Holy Jesus. If you take the time today to think of December as a sacred Holy time to find ways to cherish and make Holy. Without Jesus we would have never experienced Love at the highest Holy level. Holy, sacred love of Jesus. Put on Christmas worship songs and think of the Holy Messiah.

I will be travelling soon to speak at a Women's connection group. At the event the chair reads my bio.  I have had the same bio for the past 2 1/2 years. This caught my eye and summed up the mixed up year I have been in. As I set out to change the bio I realized most of it needed to be changed. I can't believe this. I will have to rewrite it. I don't want to rewrite it. What do I change it to? Since being in such transition I almost have nothing to write.

My hobbies are bike riding and playing tennis. I have hardly been able to bike ride or play tennis in the last year due to a back problem. Will I get back to these hobbies? An on line e-devotional that I contributed to has closed down in the last year. I have done an annual Christmas Gathering and did not do one this year. I thought redoing the bio would be dreadful. Rather than dread this I began to see that change could be new places God will send me. Is that so bad? If I look at it as bad then it will be horrible. Fear of the future! Will God take me to a bad path? The answer is definitely no! But it is up to me to define what is bad? I looked up quite a bit of scripture on committing, giving over, trusting, asking God and all the responses to doing this is a better path and eventual God answers. "You have not because you ask not" says the Lord.

With all this said I think in order to prepare for the Holy Babe I need to trust God with the future and remember the gift God gave me is the present. Being in the moment will be my task.
How about you? Is there something you have to get a better perspective about in order for you to prepare for Christmas? Is there things you need to give to God so you can see the Holiness of Christmas?

No comments: