Monday, January 26, 2015

#lovealwayswins

Dear Friend:

She handed me the money. I didn't deserve it. I didn't have to earn it. She just gave it to me.
Let me back up a bit. This story is amazing. I don't know how I did it, but I lost a hundred dollars. I don't know where. It was a gift from this lady. When I realized I could not find it, I tore through every place it should be. Two days later I knew I had to admit it was gone. I felt sick. I told this person I lost it. Her response was "I found $100.00. Here it is." When I left this person I was thinking I am not sure this was the same one hundred dollars. I felt like she just wanted me not to feel bad. She knew I did not mean to lose it. She just gave me another hundred. I did not have the heart to go back and discuss. I knew the person's heart was in the right place. I just thought I should leave it alone. I felt really loved. I am in awe of this person and their gracious heart.

Good things do happen!

I related this story recently to the grace of God. He loves me so much. He gave me forgiveness for all my wrong doing. I like the story above I did not deserve it. Both God and this lady could have just said "To bad for you." They did not give up on me. They just showed me love with grace.
Why did that lady do that? Why did Jesus die for me? Being on the receiving end of that kind of love prompts me to want to find opportunities to be more gracious in my life.
The rhythm of giving grace destroys the ugliness of darkness and brings us to a life of freedom and light.
Have you considered the changes that can occur in us and our world if we spread grace? Not only to spread grace but be humble enough to receive it.

"For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;
Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law’s demands], lest any man should boast. [It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.] (Ephesians 2:8-9 AMP)

Striving. Stressing. Can we stop?


Let's pray:  Father in heaven thank you for your love. Thank you for people who have shown me your love. Help me to be humble and learn from you so that I can pass your grace on. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: