Friday, January 2, 2015

STARBUCKS

Dear Friend:
On January 1, 2015 this happened.
"That'll be thirty cent" said the cashier at Starbucks. "Thirty Cents!" declared the shocked customer. "Yeah!" blurted out the Starbucks guy. The guy in front of you had extra on his gift card. He told me to pay it forward to the next customer." The customer smiled and went to find the gift card guy. I saw them shake hands and chat. Both parted with smiles on their faces.
When I see things like this happen right in front of me I am reminded that there is still goodness and kindness around me despite what the "news stations" tell me. Once in a while a warm and fuzzy story will be reported, but for the most part I see doom and gloom.
I think seeing those people in Starbucks was a reminder that I can set all the goals I want like lose weight, more exercise blah, blah, blah...
What matters is showing love to others.
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33 NIV).
My prayer for the New Year:
Father in heaven help me to seek first the kingdom of heaven. Help me to make things right with you and follow you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen
Follow Jesus in the New Year! He will direct your path. Give yourself a break.  Do the best you can in each moment and leave the rest to God.

Blessings,

Elaine James




No comments: